Report voting issues
Report a possible civil rights violation
To report civil rights violations, go to civilrights.justice.gov/report .
- Discrimination on the basis of race, color, or membership in a language minority group while voting or attempting to vote
- Voter registration issues
- Lack of accessibility while voting
- Absentee voting issues for uniformed services or overseas voters
Report a possible federal criminal civil rights violation
- All complaints related to violence, threats of violence, or intimidation at a polling place should be reported first to local police authorities by calling 911
- After alerting local law enforcement to such emergencies by calling 911, the public should contact the Department of Justice
- Election-crime complaints should be directed to your local U.S. Attorney's Offices or the local FBI office
Find the election laws, voting hours, or polling place locations in your state
Go to usa.gov/election-office to find your state election website.
Learn about your voting rights